Aaron Nicholls and Phillip Nielsen are the directors of Regional Design Service, an architecture practice based Corowa, a regional town located on the New South Wales and Victorian border about 3 hours drive from Melbourne.
In this episode, we discussed:
- The reasons they left Melbourne to start their practice in a regional town (despite warnings from their peers).
- How they’ve engaged with the local community through events, exhibitions and local government to improve local awareness of the values and principles of architects.
- Why they remain connected to their urban counterparts and promote working in regional practice.
- Some of the challenges of the local construction market.
- Why they hired a communications person and what their role entails.
- How Aaron and Phillip approach their different roles in the business
- The strategies they use to elevate their digital marketing.
If this your first time listening to the podcast, please make sure to subscribe to hear a new episode every other week.