Today I’m joined by Monique Woodward from WOWOWA, a medium-sized practice based in Melbourne whose work embodies the philosophy that “life’s too short for boring spaces.”. Monique and her husband Scott launched the practice in 2010 with a focus on colourful, playful family homes, but today their 13-person studio is also working on a number of exciting public and community projects.
In this episode, we discussed:
- How Monique was able to carve out a distinctive brand in the residential market
- How she was able to identify with her ideal clients and put her authentic self forward in her marketing and communications.
- Monique’s techniques for winning new types of work, whether it’s through video or self-generated project ideas.
- The steps she took to uncover new opportunities for WOWOWA to contribute to the local community through public projects and collaborations.
- How you can develop a stronger personal brand in architecture.
- Monique’s tips for figuring out your point of difference.
- The importance of finding mentors and teachers along the way.
You can also follow Monique on Instagram at @monique__woodward.
Thanks for reading. I’m a marketing coach for architects who want to attract more (and better) clients. If you want to attract better clients for your firm (the right way), I can help you. Click here to learn more about my marketing coaching services.